What Should I look for when choosing a kindergarten or Childcare centre?
When your child is ready for kindergarten, you need to find a good kindergarten programme that suits you and your child’s needs.
Some things to look for when you visit any Kindergarten /childcare centre:
·The principal, teachers and staff you meet in the kindergarten are very caring and understanding.
·The teachers have a passion for what they do.
·You are comfortable with the philosophy and curriculum of the school.
·The kindergarten involves parents in their child’s learning journey, and encourages active parental support.
·You receive weekly communication, either verbal or written, about your child's activities.
·The outdoor play areas and classrooms are safe, and the entrance and building is clean and secure.
· The kindergarten offers a programme/curriculum that foster confidence and self-esteem.
Below are some questions to ask yourself about your experiences when you visit other Kindergarten childcare centres:
· Do you feel comfortable with the teachers who will be taking care of your child?
· Do you feel that your needs were fulfilled, understood and respected?
· Do you feel that the kindergarten’s director and/or teachers listened to you and answered your questions effectively?
· Do you feel that the teachers would partner with you in developing your child's potential?
· Do the kindergarten staff and teachers convey warmth and sincere interest in you and your child?
· Does the curriculum and philosophy meet your expectation?